They are an employee owned distribution company that offers products, engineered systems, and value added services in the technology, industrial, and commercial markets through their network of process management and industrial automation portfolios. They have been around for almost 40 years and are growing rapidly thru acquisition.
Account Manager in Training (Process Heat Line)
This is a brand new position for the company in their process heat line, and it has been created to replace senior sales representatives that are going into retirement in the next few years. They will place one Trainee in Orange County Office and the other in East Bay or South Bay Office of Northern California. The senior reps will take the trainee under their wing and mentor them into the openings created by their retirement.
Sunnyvale, or Dublin CA
Bachelor’s Degree with a technical aptitude
Prefer: ME, EE, Physics degrees
Experience and Skills Required:
- Must have some sales experience either during college or after (Could be Retail/Telemaketing/etc)
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized
Base: 45-60K Depending on technical background and experience
Bonus: % of what the Senior Rep brings in (5-20K possibly..since this is a new role no concrete #s yet)
- Full Benefits Package
- Car allowance and mileage
- Laptop and Droid
Below is more what they will be observing from the senior reps than what they will be responsible for originally. The trainee will be involved in hands on learning mostly on the road visiting the senior reps accounts.
Summary: Understand and work towards corporate vision, mission, purpose and values. Effectively articulates how they help those they touch achieve their goals – including suppliers, customers, and internal associates..
- Develop and achieve annual sales plan
- The provided corporate sales strategy template is utilized and completed with strategic though
- Stretch but realistic quantified goals are attained, Revenue, Product Mix, Market Segment, Margin
- With clear and deep thought analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within assigned territory as part of the annual plan and updates quarterly. Manage time and territory to maximize opportunities within the market
- Identifies and prioritizes key accounts with potential form the following market segments
- Effectively balance the focus on existing accounts with prospecting activities
- Proactively sets aside 15% of time for calling on new business identified as having significant opportunity
- Identifies applications and projects within current accounts that are served by competitors and displaces the competition
- Understands the technical aspects of the business
- Completes all provided product training
- Focuses on enhancing knowledge and capabilities of the following product offerings by completing manufacturers product training
- Execute a customer focused and value added sales process
- Facilitates on an on-going basis the customer needs analysis and strategically works to deliver solutions beyond the product to key targeted customers and prospects
- Identifies and executes a plan for re-educating the following key accounts on the total capabilities of PDG to earn opportunities for additional sales
- Cross selling of family of products is focused upon and generates
- Facilitates and coordinates corporate assets to achieve objectives within account base
- Monthly presents to sales management in both written and verbal communications expected needed resources
- Interface and communicate in a positive and professional manner with all employees, suppliers, and customers.