Senior Manager, Contracts, Pharmaceuticals
is a specialty biopharmaceutical company focused primarily on the development and commercialization of late clinical-stage, proprietary, orally administered, small molecule drugs for the treatment of gastrointestinal and inflammatory diseases, including cancer.
They have an experienced management team, Board of Directors, and Advisory Board based in Israel, the US, Canada, and Europe, with a successful track record at big and small pharma of bringing patented drugs to the market, as well as extensive managerial, financial, and transactional expertise
Reporting to the Vice President, Legal Affairs, the Senior Manager, Contracts
will be a key member of the Legal Affairs team. Under the supervision of in-house counsel, this role will draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of contracts while providing a high level of client service to internal business partners and external parties. Additionally, this role will be critical to continuously reviewing and improving contract management capabilities and processes.
- a minimum of 5 years of experience in a legal/contracts-related support role in the life sciences industry, preferably in pharmaceutical development and commercialization
- B.A./B.S. required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a legal/contracts-related support role in the life sciences industry, preferably in pharmaceutical development and commercialization.
- Paralegal certification and experience preferred but not required.
- Commitment to operating in a highly regulated environment and industry, which requires an understanding of the need for compliance with company policies, procedures, and other relevant internal or external laws and regulations.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities and skills.
- Attention to detail and great follow-up skills are essential.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable orientation toward process and management.
- Willingness to partner with other departments and a proven track record of collaborative work relationships.
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines and manage multi-dimensional projects in a very demanding and fast-paced environment. Strives to improve processes to contribute to the company’s growth.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to research and understand legal and financial implications.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to proactively and appropriately identify and plan for contractual needs (e.g., Marketing, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Alliance Management)
- Manage the inflow and outflow of contracts
- Serve as an internal resource for questions relating to contract-related matters and other matters
- Compile contract reports for legal due diligence
- Independently draft, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts, amendments, renewals, and terminations (e.g., Master Service Agreements, Services Agreements, Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Consulting Services Agreements, Statements of Work, etc.)
- Coordinate requests from internal clients for various contracts and contract amendments with outside vendors and collaborators
- Track and report contract status for internal sponsors, comply with contract procedures, and assure that signed contracts are accurately uploaded and maintained in the contracts database in collaboration with finance
- Monitors contracts and moves forward with close-out and extension of renewal of contracts, including monthly and quarterly reports for upcoming renewals
- Develops contract/amendment development tools and processes
- Interacts and consults with in-house counsel and external business partners to as required for contract approval and negotiations.
- Partners with in-house counsel and external business partners for prompt negotiation of non-disclosure agreements, subcontracts, change orders, purchase orders, claim resolution, and other contract actions
- Ensures compliance of preparation, organization, and maintenance of all contract records and files
- Provides guidance on contract requirements, special provisions, terms, and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies
Additional duties as assigned and opportunities for growth are available based on the candidate's skills
The position is based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Salary PLUS bonus PLUS stock PLUS robust benefits package
Senior Manager, Contracts, Pharmaceuticals