The Manager/Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics will play a lead role in discovering and providing data insights, analytical support, forecasting, business understanding, and a strategic perspective in improving the decision making process both inter-departmentally as well as cross-functionally within the organization.
- BS/BA with emphasis in Finance, Business, or Life Sciences required.
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, demonstrating a steady career progression with increasing roles of responsibility.
- Proven success record of launching products in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech Industry.
- Proven success record of developing commercial strategy and gaining support from senior management.
- Knowledge of SOPs/guidelines requirements for pharmaceutical products. Desire to work in a fast-paced, small pharma environment.
- Experience working with business teams to understand and define problems for analysis; experience dealing with ambiguous business problems and translating them into feasible analytic exercises to provide answers.
- Experience with analytical techniques used for data analysis, exploration, and forecasting. Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis. Experience building dashboards and reports using Tableau or other BI tools.
- 5+ years of experience working in an analytical/research environment.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience, with increasing responsibility, in analytics roles.
- The primary function for this position is to provide business intelligence and data analysis support, execute sophisticated quantitative analysis, and develop advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights to support the business directives and strategy.
- Provides actionable overall market and customer insights to address key strategic questions.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and market access leadership to support strategic and tactical plans to address business questions and inform strategy development.
- Support brand planning and strategic planning processes, both annual and monthly.
- Provide trending, forecasting, and analysis to support business growth and strategic planning.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to senior business leaders to support decision making on sales strategies and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders to identify, evaluate, and provide national and area level insights related to product and field performance metrics and analysis for areas of opportunity and growth.
- Responsible for tracking, reporting, and analyzing the performance of key activities, ad-hoc analytic requests, and development/automation of regular reports.
- Conduct ad-hoc and routine analysis on targeting, sales, and promotional activity with appropriate communication to internal stakeholders.
- Develop, analyze, and report on defined KPIs.
- Analyzes external and internal data using database queries (SQL, Tableau), spreadsheet (Excel) models, and statistical analysis tools. Creating business intelligence reports and visualizations using supported BI (Business Intelligence) tools such as Tableau.