View all jobs
Chief Underwriter, Workers Comp, Spring ValleySpring Valley, NY
What you will be doing:
- Develop and refine the company's underwriting philosophy and appetite guide.
- Create and implement new product offerings in line with market demands and business goals.
- Oversee the company's expansion efforts and identify potential growth opportunities.
- Analyze and manage the profitability of various books of business.
- Assess market changes and adjust the company's underwriting strategies accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and guidelines related to Workers Compensation products.
- Collaborate with vendors to develop new products.
- Work with internal teams to ensure proper execution and adherence to product development.
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify industry trends and potential opportunities.
- Foster relationships with key stakeholders to drive product adoption and growth.
Experience you will need:
- Expert knowledge of Workers’ Compensation and Employer’s Liability.
- Working knowledge of policy services including policy issuance, audit, and compliance.
- Strong understanding of underwriting principles, product development frameworks, and compliance requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of SERFF (Electronic Rate and Forms Filing).
- Experience dealing with state insurance departments / bureaus, WCPOLS, WCSTAT and bureau inquiries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Policy Service Administration / Management systems.
- Proven track record in creating and launching new products