Our Client: IS
a $30M, fully-integrated manufacturer, operating in a brand new facility in TX
Production Team Leader, Manufacturing, TX
Manufacturing professional will provide leadership to assigned manufacturing production group(s), typically of 5-20 team members to ensure safe operation and to help foster a culture of continuous improvement with Lean Manufacturing practices and tools.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide training, mentoring, and coaching as needed to team members
- Interview, hire, develop, correct, discipline, and possibly terminate employees to build the best team possible.
- Planning and scheduling resource hours to achieve optimal production flow and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in team lead meetings to include planning, safety, quality, and education/enrichment focuses.
- Lead production team meetings to review rules of production, identify challenges and opportunities, and adjust plans
- Responsible for team production quality through process adherence and identifying improvement opportunities
- Review, understand and enforce documented manufacturing standard work and standard operating procedures, submitting known or discovered issues whenever necessary.
- Utilize root cause problem solving techniques (5 whys, etc.) for defect analysis and resolution.
- Ensure completions of operator PM on equipment to meet yield, uptime and throughput requirements.
- Utilize kaizen activities to generate continuous improvements in safety, quality, schedule and process.
- Ensure a safe, clean, orderly work environment through 5S.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with experience in a high volume, fast paced, build to order environment. Metalworking / Hollow Metal fabrication experience preferred.
- Highly observant, with the ability to analyze and act on the moment.
- Passionate about continuous improvement.
- Capable motivator and communicator
- Committed to training and development.
- Experience with production planning tools and utilization of a Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.