Category Lead, Combustion Engines
Around the world, people, businesses, and countries are striving for a better future: a future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. We're the team that allows Renewable Energy to get online on time. We are hiring immediately for a highly motivated, Category Lead for Internal Combustion Engines in New Iberia, Louisiana or Pearland, Texas. This is a hybrid role with 2/3 days in the office.
You will part of the Global Category Management team (Internal Combustion Engines category) to help manage the category, owning specific strategies & ownership of some of the most strategically important supply relationships. This exciting role will assist in the development and implementation of global category strategies and will require working collaboratively with colleagues based in all regions of the world, from Asia to Latin America.
Why our client? Here are some of the perks and rewards.
- Competitive compensation
- No cost medical plan option available
- Paid training programs and tuition reimbursement.
- Sales career growth potential in expertise, leadership, and across territories
- Safety-focused culture
What you'll do:
- Provide support to the Internal Combustion Engines global category from North American base in New Iberia, Louisiana. A significant amount of category spend is made by the North American business and is a key territory for growth in the coming years.
- Supporting the Head of Category in developing category strategy and planning activity, taking ownership of several key elements of the category’s objectives.
- Providing analysis, category and supply market expertise and knowledge to develop category strategies and performance /relationship management.
- Analyzing and interpreting of spend data to inform category planning and sourcing strategy development.
- Implementing and managing supplier performance management processes with strategic suppliers.
- Leading specific strategic savings projects across the different sub-categories to contribute to cost reduction targets.
- Responsible for managing and administering relevant category contracts and ensuring they are maintained in the contract repository.
- Work in partnership with the Product Development teams to act as the Procurement contact, determining the most appropriate suppliers, building business cases and supporting New Product Introductions.
- Work closely with the Quality team to assess new and existing vendors.
- Develop your network throughout regions from Asia to the Americas, driving appropriate behaviors through the business, understanding the business need & ensuring adherence to category strategies.
We're experts, which means you'll have the following skills and experience:
- You will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in strategic procurement or supply chain management.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in manufacturing or highly technical sector.
- Possess good commercial acumen and be comfortable in a technical environment.
- Be a pro-active self-starter, possessing the confidence to reach out to both colleagues and suppliers around the world to drive progress in the category.
- Sound presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively to a variety of nationalities, non-native English speakers and cultures.
- Understanding the business needs well enough to develop and implement category strategies.
- Confidently representing the strategic procurement function in a variety of different forums
- Ability to question and challenge the status quo with respect, whilst building relationships with appropriate stakeholders.
Category Lead, Combustion Engines