Our client is collaborating with world-class hospitals in the Boston area to turn cutting-edge medical research into usable, meaningful products. We are developing biomedical optical imaging and medical robotics technologies and seeking a Project Manager to join our talented team in Cambridge, MA. With a few projects just a few years in productization, this is an exciting time to be part of our growth and success!
The Medical Device Project Management Specialist (Specialist, Projects HORL) will lead product development programs or projects for the Lab. This includes creating and maintaining the project schedules, leading the implementation processes for planning and execution of all product development activities and deliverables to meet business objectives and to comply with regulatory requirements for medical devices.
If you have project Management experience, preferably in the medical device field, and can use your expertise to drive the product development team, this could be the job for you!
- Responsible for project planning including defining project scope, project milestones, and developing tasks with estimates; author project plans that meets business objectives and complies with the quality management system
- Responsible for scheduling regular project status update meetings and reviews with a cross-functional project team; ensures deliverable are completed and documented to meet the quality requirements following design control procedures
- Responsible for identifying project risks, both technical and managerial, and devise appropriate risk management plans; regularly assess and report project risks to management
- Responsible for project execution of product development projects within FDA regulated industries while adhering to scope, schedule and budget requirements
- Apply best practices in initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing processes of projects and ensure consistent practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle
- Use defined project management practices and procedures to identify root cause of project issues and develop a plan to resolve problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Facilitate cooperation of a cross-functional team consisting of R&D, Usability, Clinical, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, Operations and external stakeholders
- Responsible for communicating project key metrics and updates on project status (timelines, resources, and delays) to both the project team as well as management and key project stakeholders
- Education required: Minimum Bachelor degree in engineering, life science or related discipline
- 3-5 years of project management experience with medical device or related is required
- Demonstrated experience managing medical device development projects having a strong understanding of Quality Management Systems including ISO