The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will develop and lead a variety of financial reporting, modeling, analysis, and budgeting initiatives. This new position will partner with departments across the organization to provide valuable insights, create compelling data-driven analyses, and ensure forecast projections and financial models match the organization’s overall goals. This position will be integral to providing innovative ideas that will improve how the organization looks at financial and non-financial data.
What you will do:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specifically, this role will:
What you will need:
- Responsible for developing, automating, maintaining, and refining financial models, forecasts, analyses, and reports to better understand financial trends and financial opportunities (to inform quarterly forecasts, budgeting/planning across the P&L, investment evaluations and prioritization, and operational decision-making)
- Manage the annual budget process, including developing and documenting key assumptions, working with business partners to ensure budgets are appropriate, and that internal partners establish action plans that achieve the necessary financial outputs.
- Responsible for driving initiatives to improve existing planning processes, drive automation, and streamline deliverables.
- Perform tracking of historical, current, and projected headcount and personnel costs on a cost center basis and maintain this data in the Workforce Planning database. Stay informed on the status and timing of workforce planning changes, timing, and costs through coordination with HR and cost center leaders.
- Support the monthly financial closing process and assist in the preparation of financial analyses and develop and maintain monthly reporting package for leadership team and ad hoc custom financial reports for business leaders.
- Analyze actual results and forecasts/budgets to better understand variances, business drivers, and work with business leaders to promote informed decision making within the business.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with dishabilles to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Exceptional financial modeling skills and a very high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency, and pivot tables
- Experience analyzing data sets, working with accounting systems (Workday a plus) and utilizing a financial planning and reporting tool (Adaptive a plus)
- Solid grasp of three financial statements, with a high aptitude and enthusiasm for problem-solving through quantitative modeling and analysis
- Must be analytical, detailed oriented, and work effectively under narrow timeline limitations to produce accurate results.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to concisely articulate complex accounting and reporting concepts to audiences with varying degrees of financial knowledge.
- Possess a high sense of urgency, ability to interact with multiple levels within the organization and be an effective team player.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Accountability - Focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting work commitments.
- Honesty & Integrity - Demonstrates sound business ethics and consistently adheres to and promotes the values and principles in all business and personal transactions.
- Innovation - Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the organization's performance.
- Continuous Learning - Seeks performance feedback and identifies approaches to improve own and others' performance and learning.
- Cash Management – Knowledge of procedures and resources for assisting patients and monitoring case plans for patients.
- Financial Forecasting and Modeling- Knowledge of and ability to use processes, tools and techniques for exploring and evaluating alternative financial scenarios and results.
- Financial Reporting - Knowledge of processes, methods and tools for creating and maintaining accurate and thorough financial reports.
- GAAP & Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) – Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and Statutory Accounting principles and how to apply them.
- Financial & Accounting Systems - Knowledge of financial and accounting applications specific to the organization.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with Accounting or Finance concentration
- 5+ years of relevant experience with prior experience at a high-growth start-up preferred and experience in Insurance, Banking, or Strategic Finance a plus.
- CPA / CMA / MBA is a preferred.