Senior Reinsurance Claims and Accounting Specialist
- Client is the world's premier reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world.
- We are seeking a Carrier Relationship Management – Senior Specialist role.
- Client Support Services (CSS) is comprised of global service teams who are assigned to specific client (customer) accounts to handle contracts, claims and accounting.
- Serves as the first point of contact for day-to-day communications with designated clients, follows up on correspondence, will manage individual projects to completion. May supervise junior colleagues in the completion of projects. Works to strengthen and grow account relationships.
- Develops an understanding of client businesses by conducting research, may provide research on industry or other analysis and prepares peer benchmarking studies for client and or team use.
- Participates in industry events and conferences to build up a strong professional network, maintain proximity to the relevant market and represent the Company.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed accurately and in accordance with Service Level Attributes (SLAs).
- May lead meetings with clients and other colleagues in the performance of delivering consulting advice
- Mitigates account concerns or issues encountered, addresses problems in a timely manner and applies judgement as to when and what to escalate up to senior level colleagues.
- Promote, build, and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients, and Markets. Understand their issues and working practices in order to effectively resolve problems and/or queries.
- Reports to senior colleagues on relationship satisfaction to ensure a mutual understanding both internally and externally.
- Develops and maintains a fluency in the company's and carriers’ products, colleagues and operations to enrich work performed and develop improved capabilities for their clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, 4 Year College Degree (B.S. or B.A)
- 5 + years of reinsurance/insurance, or professional experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high-performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Strong knowledge of reinsurance concepts and principles, laws, and regulatory requirements (i.e., FATCA, etc.) and general business trends.
- Strong track record of successful Client account management, relationship management, engagement, and development.
- Strong verbal and writing skills for complex communications (presentations, negotiations, etc.) with clients, markets, and GC colleagues at all levels.
- Previous knowledge of reinsurance and/or insurance concepts preferred.
- Knowledge of contract law, contract provisions, reinsurance concepts and principles, basic regulatory controls, and general business trends.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal, delivering clear and concise messages and at all times promoting and enhancing the Guy Carpenter brand.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
- Strong ability to quickly assess and offer effective solutions to problems efficiently.
- Ability to make sound judgements independently while knowing when to bring situations to the attention of Management.
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner.
- Consistently provide guidance by mentoring and/or training colleagues.
- Consistently deliver superior Client service.
ABOUT: is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. They delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth.the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. The company’s 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading companies