Our Client Delivers solutions to the biotech and pharmaceutical industry across the entire life-cycle of products, from early development through commercial supply.
The Business Development Manager is accountable for driving results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment by increasing sales and revenue for assigned business segments, specifically, Analytical Testing and Development Services. The Business Development Manager possesses a scientific background including laboratory or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience with a proven track record of sales experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or CDMO industries. The Business Development Manager is a highly inquisitive and motivated, self-starter with a tenacious drive and ability to generate new business prospects, with demonstrated ability to maintain and grow strategic customer relationships within small-mid-sized pharma and biotech companies. The Business Development Manager uses his or her technical knowledge, experience and interpersonal skills to drive leads and grow accounts for Laboratory Services. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of our core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in the functional competencies included in this position profile.
What you will be doing:
- Plans and implements strategy for assigned territories and business segments through
- cultivating relationships, plans and implements strategy for acquisition and management of business from small-mid-sized pharma and biotech companies within assigned territories and business segments where cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities and new business development skills are critical.
- Researches, identifies and develops new analytical testing services opportunities from multiple sources including outbound leads from cold calling and email campaigns and inbound leads from the company website.
- Represents Alcami by attending trade shows and conferences and maintaining active membership and participation in industry member groups and events. Serves as a front-line liaison – rises to the role of representing the Alcami brand, believing in our offerings and enjoying connecting Customers to the right products for their individual needs.
- Owns the customer relationship for assigned services; maintains and drives continuous improvement and communicates customer needs internally. Collaborates internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Drives year on year growth of new business from existing and new accounts within their region.
- Maintains accurate customer data and updates to the Customer Relationship Management system (Sales Force). Generates timely reports (i.e. activity reports, metrics, sales targets or forecasts) as requested
- Assists in gathering market intelligence by reporting noteworthy information regarding customers, competitors and the marketplace, internally. Monitors and reports on market and competitor activities and provides relevant reports and information, internally.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop marketing campaigns and analyze inbound marketing data/trends to drive new business.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Chemistry, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Chemical Engineering) required.
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience selling compendial testing including analytical and microbiology testing. 5+ years preferred.
- Experience in prospecting new clients and driving sales strongly preferred.
- Prior pharmaceutical or CDMO experience in technical functions of analytical testing, development or manufacturing preferred.
- Up to date understanding of the industry’s consumer behavior.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills required.
- Excellent project management and organization skills.
- Must be able to successfully multi-task and persevere in fast-paced dynamic environment with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to tailor to approach to diverse Customers and Clients.
- Results-oriented, determined and a self-starter; comfortable, willing and able to make cold calls.
- Must be comfortable prospecting the C-suite
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to build and grow strong customer relationships and ability to influence others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Proficiency utilizing internet and social media tools for researching potential leads.
- Technology orientation with the ability to gain proficiency using a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) required. Prior experience with a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM), preferably Salesforce, preferred.
- Prior experience or exposure to value-based selling and negotiations a plus.
- Leadership Competencies
Territory - West