Our client, safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide.
- As part of the Internal Audit Department, the Financial Audit Senior Associate is predominantly focused on the execution of audit planning, fieldwork and reporting and is given the opportunity to lead select meetings.
- The primary measure of success is identifying meaningful potential issues about the design and effectiveness of controls and creating reliable documentation to support their work.
- The Financial Audit Senior Associate must manage auditee relationships, be a good team player, and take accountability for their personal growth and professional development.
- Strategic Control Impact Identifies meaningful issues in which controls are not properly designed or are not operating effectively. Assesses the risk and control environment for processes within coverage areas. Validates the completion of agreed action plans under the guidance of a supervisor. Understands the financial services industry and risk and control environment for coverage areas and identifies new risks. Works closely with auditees to verify timely progress and completion of agreed action plans.
- Audit Execution Assists Audit Manager or Senior Audit Manager with the execution of audit planning, fieldwork, and reporting. Completes risk-focused fieldwork on time and within the allocated budget, notifying the auditor in charge promptly of issues that arise or when budgets or timelines are at risk. Writes and speaks clearly and concisely and can demonstrate detailed knowledge of that area being audited. Understands and performs root cause analysis for issues; possesses and demonstrates a strong understanding of audit techniques.
- Quality Process Demonstrates a strong knowledge of our policies & procedures, particularly work paper documentation standards. Independently prepare work papers that fully comply with IAD policies and procedures. Participates in continuous improvement initiatives. Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with master’s a plus.
- Previous internal or external audit experience is helpful, but not required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Certifications related to the candidate’s coverage responsibilities are beneficial, but not required, such as CPA, CFA, Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Knowledge or experience related to financial risk management or quantitative analysis is a plus.