What’s in it for you?!
If that’s you, let’s talk!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities!
- Work with the latest cutting-edge technologies!
- Comprehensive Benefits!
- Awesome work environment!
- Competitive compensation packages!
We’re searching for a motivated team player with instinctive sales skills to be the Director of Sales and Marketing at our commercial space operations software company. You’ll oversee developing a revenue management strategy to maximize profitability for everyday sales in areas such as software products and services.
This dynamic leader is the out-front voice of our brand and manages the marketing campaign to enable recognition and acceptance of our complete enterprise software solution as the industry standard.
If you have 10 or more years of relevant space industry sales experience, especially with demonstrated experience closing large, complex deals with government agencies, enjoy taking on new challenges, and love meeting new people, please apply today!
What you will be doing:
Experience you will need:
- Leads, manages, and executes capture efforts from quoting activity to proposal writing
- and negotiation to close contracts
- Attuned to business marketplace (government and commercial); identifies new opportunities and drives team to increase overall sales pipeline
- Understand the value proposition of company products and develop strategy and tactics to capitalize on that value in the marketplace
- Actively seeks new business using marketing campaigns, telemarketing, social media, site visits, conferences, trade shows and other methods
- Create and implement short and long-term marketing strategies to meet sales team goals and annual sales targets
- Generate new business while also increasing customer loyalty by cultivating long-term relationships with clients
- Evaluate market trends to determine pricing to balance costs, competition, and supply and demand
- Prepare accurate and complete sales reports, documenting marketing budgets, current market share, direct sales, and outline marketing plans
- Recruit, hire, train and develop sales personnel and corporate sales and marketing competencies
- 10+ years’ experience in domestic and international sales and sales management in the space industry
- Experience closing large, complex deals with government agencies
- Thorough knowledge of best practices for a sales department and marketing strategies
- Proficiency in customer relationship management (CRM) skills and software (Sales Force experience preferred), including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Leadership experience and someone who integrates well as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in sales (primary) or marketing (secondary)