If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we?work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then our client is the company for you!
As a Domestic Tax Manager in our Finance Department, you will be a part of the Finance Tax Team focused on U.S. Federal tax compliance. You will be a key team member responsible for ensuring compliance with U.S. tax filing requirements as well as identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities to enhance efficiencies within the tax function.
Your key responsibilities:
- Review/prepare complex U.S. Federal C-corporation and partnership tax workpapers, income tax returns (1120, 1065, etc.) and other reports including estimates and extensions.
- Assist with ASC 740 tax provision and tax accounting processes, including quarterly and year-end reporting and return to accrual process.
- Provide tax assistance with planning for business decisions and implement change.
- Provide assistance with responses to tax information requests and notices from tax authorities.
- Identify and implement process improvement projects including the use of tools/techniques to increase efficiency.
- Provide tax support on acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and corporate restructuring.
- Interpret tax policy, procedures and law and provide strategic planning to ensure efficient tax compliance and identify tax-saving opportunities.
- May review U.S. international and/or state compliance, including Forms 5471 and 8858, separate company state returns and domestic combinations.
Your Qualification Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required; CPA preferred; Master’s in taxation a plus
- 8+ years relevant tax experience in a Big 4/regional accounting firm and/or multi-national corporate tax department
- Hands on experience and technical proficiency in U.S. Federal tax compliance, including reporting requirements for complex transactions and experience in consolidation of large Federal returns.
- Ability to perform tax research and analysis and effectively communicate results in the form of discussion, presentation, or technical memorandum.
- Experience in U.S. International tax compliance and State tax a plus.
- Experience working with SAP, BPC, OneSource Income Tax a plus.
- Continuous improvement mindset and experience leveraging technology (Alteryx, Excel PowerBI, etc.) to automate and enhance tax workflow a plus.