Our client is a leader in Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) HR and Payroll Processing Services. They are able to help companies free themselves from the constraints of traditional software by providing them on-demand access to their payroll and HR data. In addition to payroll processing, our payroll product includes a robust suite of HR management tools, all in the same single application. They help employers streamline their payroll and HR processes with the latest technology. They were the first to offer payroll services over the Internet and for over a decade, our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution has helped to free companies from the constraints of traditional software. In addition to payroll processing we now offer time and attendance, HRIS, benefit administration, background checks, and COBRA compliance all in one online application. Publicly Traded.
· New-age technology, coupled with a commitment to 1950s
customer service is the driving force behind their competitive advantage.
· client-driven development of their proprietary software makes it user friendly, while providing unmatched flexibility and scalability.
· offers extensive training and all the tools a new sales representative needs to achieve success.
· the nation’s most popular Internet payroll and Human Resource service provider.
· Publicly traded
Work 4 days a week from Home, 1 day a week in office. Must live within 4 hours of Oklahoma City or Dallas. Relo package available.
Role: Build Release Engineer
Support builds and deployments to moderately complex testing and production environments. Administer source code repositories (provisioning, branching, and merging), build and release tools, and automated test tools. Maintain build plans and integration tasks that utilize CICD best practices. Coordinate with QA, Development, and IT in configuring, implementing, testing and debugging the enterprise applications and systems. Assist in resolution of issues that affect software release scope, risk, and quality. Confer with testers, database administrators, and developers to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Expected to write documentation to describe operational procedures and change controls.
- Administer and maintain the build and release processes using source code management tools, build and integration tools, and automated testing tools.
- Build plans to validate software deployments for multiple environments.
- Automate our tools for continuous builds, continuous testing and release management.
- Assist with development and utilization of automated testing.
- Configure new applications and software updates as required, including but not limited to web applications, web services, windows services and scheduled tasks.
- Enhance build plans to validate software deployments for multiple environments.
- Understand and execute release activities for any environment between Operations, QA, IT and Development.
- Provide level II support for software releases and enterprise systems via phone and/or in person.
- Maintain accuracy of logs maintained for all implementation/deployment requests.
- Assist with debugging enterprise application issues to resolve problems in our test and production environments by reviewing errors and program code.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related technical field.
- 2+ years' experience in software development or IT systems administration.
- 2+ years' experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems such as Server 2008 and above.
- 2+ years' experience with Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise).
- Previous experience with Agile methodologies and Continuous Delivery SDLC.
- Previous experience configuring, implementing and troubleshooting enterprise applications in a networked environment.
- Previous experience with relational databases such as MYSQL server, SQL server, ORACLE server and client server concepts.
- Previous experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP protocol and troubleshooting tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must possess the ability to learn and understand business processes and relationship of systems and applications used to accomplish those processes.
- Proficient with analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to write clear instructions for end users and less experienced engineers.
- May frequently be required to work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends.
- Frequently sits and remains on the phone for extended periods.