Our Client: IS a $30M, fully-integrated manufacturer, operating in a brand new facility in TX
The Manufacturing Engineer applies lean manufacturing principles, electro-mechanical equipment expertise and continual process improvement to create, maintain and improve production processes, optimize equipment efficiency, improve product quality and reduce cost. This is a key role in maintaining manufacturing as a competitive advantage.
In this position, you will be responsible for optimizing, blueprinting, maintaining and replicating our production processes. Your responsibilities will include providing manufacturing engineering leadership and assistance in logically troubleshooting and implementing solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Ensure all engineering and manufacturing documentation is in place, controlled and maintained.
- Provide training to Engineers, Technicians and Operators on equipment operations, maintenance, troubleshooting and SPC.
- Assist with the documentation of drawings, manuals and procedures.
- Support the development and implementation of manufacturing execution systems and related procedures.
Equipment and Process Management
- Drive continuous improvements in safety, quality, delivery and cost through development and enhancement of new and existing manufacturing processes.
- Provide hands on support to kaizen driven improvements.
- Support and maintain production equipment to meet the ongoing production plan requirements for yield, uptime and throughput.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Drive TPM implementation including the determination of equipment spares, consumables and PM kit management.
- Use statistical methods, SPC and TPM to establish maintenance intervals.
- Establish and maintain Critical Asset Protection Plan.
- Management of troubleshooting activities, regular monitoring of tool and process performance, defect analysis and reduction.
- Working with cross functional teams to solve technical process and defects issues.
- BS level degree in an Engineering discipline, or equivalent.
- 8+ years manufacturing engineering experience in a high volume, fast paced production environment.
- Metalworking / Hollow Metal fabrication experience preferred.
- Exceptional manufacturing equipment troubleshooting.
- Dexterous with manufacturing equipment, basic tools and machinery.
- Proficient at root cause analysis and Statistical Methods.
- MS Word, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Flowcharting, CAD
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, PFMEA, TPM and SMED.
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.