About our Client:
Our Client based in San Jose, Calif., is one of Inc.’s 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies and is the leading technical solutions provider for the technology, energy, life sciences, natural resources, and transportation industries. They offer personalized order management, on-site field support, comprehensive training, and applied expert engineering services utilizing automation, fluid management, precision measurement, process heating, filtration, and fluid power products.
They were recently recognized as one of the 25 Largest Private Companies in Silicon Valley by the Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal, as well as on Industrial Distribution’s Big 50 Watch List and Modern Distribution Management’s Top 40 Industrial Distributors list.
The Applications Engineer (or “Technology Specialist”) serves a dual role as product and technical expert in support of specific manufacturers’ technologies, and internal / external evangelist to customers and to our client’s sales and engineering teams. The AE provides a bridge from a manufacturer to Client’s Sales channel, Business Development and engineering groups to grow our Client’s sales and expertise in all regions that can sell their product line. S/he provides internal training and support to establish a deep knowledge of the products and their applications within the company, and to develop the capabilities of others in the organization to specify, sell and service the products.
(Remote) California prefer living in the Fresno Corridor, or Los Angeles area. But can live anywhere in California.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Product expertise, Customer Service, Sales, Application Engineering, Engineering
- Become company’s #1 expert on Bosch Rexroth’s EDC & LT product groups and its applications.
- Focus on the Packaging and Food & Beverage vertical markets.
- Sales calls on pre-qualified OEM customers
- Spear-head product support both pre and post-sales
- Business Development
- Aftermarket support
Compensation and Benefits:
- B.S. degree in mechatronics, controls, electrical, mechanical or related field.
- Five years experience of applicable experience, preferrably across disciplines
- Cross-functional decision making skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written, verbal, persuasion and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Takes initiative to fix problems and develop the team
- Proficient computer/media skills
- Travel up to 50% may be required, mainly within California.
- Work experience in Packaging, Food & Beverage, Printing & Converting industries is a plus
- Working with these vendors’ products is a plus…
- Bosch Rexroth
- Allen Bradley
- Working with hydraulics and pneumatics is a plus.
- 70-100K base depending on experience plus 5-10-15% bonus
- Great benefits including ESOP at 10%, Full Med/Dent, family of 4 will pay from 200-450 a month