Title Mechanical Engineer
Compensation $68K to $81K
Base Salary 67,500-81,000
Location Bakersfield, CA
They are an employee owned distribution company that offers products, engineered systems, and value added services in the technology, industrial, and commercial markets through their network of process management and industrial automation portfolios. They have been around for almost 40 years and are growing rapidly thru acquisition. The Mechanical Engineer is part of the Engineering team within the Systems Group, reporting directly to the Engineering Manager of Systems.
JOB DESCRIPTION / COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
1. Education and Training: Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Petroleum Engineering Degree preferred.
2. 3 years experience as oil/gas, plant facilities or field engineer preferred.
3. Superior communication, interpersonal, analytical, customer service, and trouble shooting skills.
4. Technical Experience: Fundamental working knowledge of the following disciplines: mechanical, structural, electrical, fluids, and welding. Measurement experience is a plus. Pressure vessel experience is a plus. Working knowledge of B31.1, B31.3, API, ASME Section VIII and IX.
5. EIT registration preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design: Ensure system meets or exceeds customer, company, and code requirements. Ensure design is easy to manufacture, maintain, and service.
2. Fabrication: Work to improve designs for ease of fabrication, increase in quality, decrease of cost, and continuous improvement of all aspects.
3. Communication: Working with sales, customer, and management to understand the application and technical requirements.
4. Commercial: Working with Manufacturing and Commercial teams for on time project delivery at (or under) budget.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Complete preliminary design and BOM for quoting the mechanical and structural portions of projects.
• Work with designers and other engineers to complete and maintain accurate BOM and design drawings for fabrication and product standardization.
• Specify mechanical, structural, instrumentation and control equipment.
• Identify opportunities for product improvement or cost reductions through evaluation of components and procedures.
• Perform structural, pressure drop, sizing, heat transfer, fluid, piping, and pressure vessel calculations.
• The Mechanical Engineer may, at times, give direction to designers, field technicians, shop personnel, and subcontractors.
• Base is 67,500-81,000
• Full Benefits Package