Our client recognizes that our patients deserve qualified, engaged, and competent healthcare professionals. And we know that our healthcare professionals deserve a working environment that is safe, leaders who are visible and supportive, and opportunities to grow and develop in their chosen disciplines. The heart of our Hospital is in its people, making our hospital a family that only the best is invited to join. If you feel that your skills and compassion fit with our vision for healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient according to his or her capabilities and desires.
- Plans, prepares, and carries out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Directs and supervises physical therapy assistants, students, and other support personnel. Assesses competence, delegates specific tasks, and establishes channels of communication.
- Administers treatment involving application of physical agents, using equipment, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines.
- Evaluates, fits, and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommend modifications.
- Identifies and documents goals, anticipated progress, and plans for reevaluation.
- Must complete all education assigned and required for the position, including classroom and on-line courses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must work effectively as a team-member.
- Minimum Education Graduate of Physical Therapy Program, Required
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Required Skills Licenses: KY State Licensure/Certification/Registration as a Physical Therapist.