Market Growth Leader, MGA ACA Healthcare, FL
Our Client is a Billion Dollar, publicly traded company the advocates for better care through every stage of life. They guide customers through the healthcare system, empowering them with the information and insight they need to make the best choices for improving their vitality.
The Market Growth Leade
r for Individual & Family Plans (IFP) is the market-level business owner that is accountable for executing a comprehensive market strategy that builds the business and develops short/long range goals and business plans in order to deliver targeted growth and earnings. The role will drive change leadership to best align the localization strategy within an evolving IFP business model in order to achieve business results such as profitability and scale. This individual will bring an experience-rooted, P&L orientation and deep understanding of the marketplace to create an IFP strategy around competitive activity and distribution tactics, cost structure, risk, product and pricing position in the market, and will identify key segment specific needs in order to direct the network and benefit design in order for the business to be competitive and differentiated. The Market Leader will represent the IFP business in their assigned market(s) and develop relationships that support growth, distribution, and partnership strategies.
- Develop short and long-term strategic plans for assigned markets which includes the identification of business opportunities to support overall growth plans with an emphasis on developing and growing all channels and increasing market share.
- Own and proactively manage P&L for assigned markets with responsibility for delivering on business goals and targeted performance; monitor financial /operational performance (sales volume, retention, risk performance, operational stats, and expense drivers) and work across the business to drive the strategy (product, pricing, etc.) and corrective actions to meet targets.
- Define, lead, and execute development of multi-year strategy and annual performance improvement plans.
- Drives growth and performance of assigned market(s).
- Primary IFP representative to market accountable for building strong local relationships (e.g. regulators, navigators/enrollment assistors, NPOs).
- Lead expansion into new rating areas within assigned markets (states) to support membership growth as applicable.
- Develop annual and long-term membership and financial projections in partnership with Finance.
- Brings deep P&L experience and ownership to identify and drive opportunities in support of maximizing P&L while managing risk.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of local market dynamics, competitive landscape, and legislative developments.
- Partner with marketing, advertising and distribution partners to promote the brand within the local market.
- Effectively create, manage and maximize key in market relationships to create synergies, alliances and new opportunities in support of market specific goals and strategies.
- Build collaborative relationships across the enterprise to achieve corporate, financial and market objectives while providing the very best in products and customer service.
- Maximize IFP value proposition through partnerships with key matrix organizations (network, contracting, medical management, distribution, account management, product, etc.).
- Creates a shared vision and influences key decisions across the organization. Drives alignment with internal stakeholders including contracting, distribution, risk management, pricing, product and strategy development to ensure that IFP business needs are delivered across the enterprise, while keeping other areas informed on our key business results and strategies.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare, or related field equivalent experience. (Master’s Degree Preferred)
- 10 years in a market management, product management or segment strategy role, with at least 5 years in Qualified Health Plan / Individual and Family Plans, Medicaid, or Medicare.
- 7 years owning and managing P&L in healthcare or 5 years minimum P&L ownership in IFP.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership and achievement of bottom-line results by managing against well-crafted strategic plans.
- 3 years market leadership within assigned market(s), strongly preferred in IFP business.
- Demonstrated experience leading/owning membership / financial forecasting.
- Experience developed expertise of Contracting, Product, Provider Relations and Medical Management such that incumbent can leverage support needed to deliver the right customer solution.
- Proven experience analyzing competitors' products, distribution systems, administrative and service capabilities as well as marketing plans and strategies.
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate the market and external influences.
- Demonstrates personal accountability.
- Prior experience creating, owning and executing strategies that drive membership growth and delivery of targeted financial targets.
- Solutions-orientation with constant focus defining and executing on the “what” to strengthen and improve the IFP business and assigned market performance.
- A team player with experience building strong relationships both internally and externally, and with a strong sense of self-initiative and desire to succeed. Proven leadership, influencing and negotiation skills in a highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and utilize resources to accomplish tasks. Has excellent win/win negotiation skills. Must have strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Deep experience in creating opportunities to drive and sustain profitable growth. Significant track record in the development and execution of an aggressive strategic sales and marketing plan targeted at capitalizing on the existing client base coupled with the ability to execute against the plan.
- Enterprise thinker with proven ability to influence across a matrix environment. Ability to develop relationships across all levels of the organization, as well as externally.
- Comfortable dealing with and managing an ever changing, highly competitive industry/ environment; communicates optimism and confidence in the future.
- Strong analytical skills. Has the ability to look at different data elements and formulate a business case.
- Effective communication skills. Experience and comfort level communicating with individuals at all levels.
- Able to make sound assumptions and is comfortable working in situations where data is incomplete or limited (problem solving).
- Entrepreneurial thinking skills with strong customer focus and team orientation
- Drive and commitment to do what is necessary to get the job done efficiently, thoroughly and professionally.
- Ability to influence organization to drive business plans and achieve results, including an ability to work with cross functional teams to solve problems.