Are you a proven leader with a track record of success who’s interested in playing an integral role at one of the area’s leading firms? If so, we’re hiring a Managing Attorney to help manage our growing business litigation and employment defense firm and increase revenue. You must be business-oriented, must thrive on growth, and be success-oriented. Does this sound like you? If it does, and you want to become a part of a firm that will become the Los Angeles area's premier business litigation firm, then this position could be perfect for you.
What you will be doing:
What you will need:
- Make sure that our legal team is providing the highest level of client service by evaluating their quality and productivity and making recommendations for improvement
- Represent and grow your own caseload (particularly complex cases) to continue your practice as an attorney
- You will be responsible for overseeing the pre-litigation and litigation strategy for cases and overseeing paralegals and contract lawyers at the company.
- You will also have to handle some aspects of cases, including potentially drafting motions, attending hearings, etc. You will also be expected to bill 20 hours per week on cases.
- If the case is in litigation, you will be responsible for overseeing pleadings, motions, discovery, the selection of experts, and ultimately trial if the case goes to trial.
- You must meet all case deadlines and be able to oversee the cases with minimal oversight.
- You will also meet with the firm’s principal once or twice a month to review cases, production, and to make recommendations regarding the cases
- Applicants must have stellar process improvement, relationship building, communication, and leadership skills to excel in this role
- Supervisory experience, as well as decision- making and public speaking experience are a must
- Bachelor’s degree and a 3-year law degree from an accredited law school
- At least 5 years of experience as an attorney Strong knowledge of various computer programs, creating budgets, and analyzing reports California State Bar License in good standing
- No prior disciplinary record
- Minimum of 3+ years of litigation experience and Trial experience
- Must have independently managed at least 30 cases at a time from start to finish