Our client is seeking a leader of engineering with an action-oriented mindset and a focus on relentless execution, who operates with vision and integrity to join its growing team.
The Director of Engineering can expect to play an active role in the development and completion of projects, meet and report within the leadership peers, and work with the Scrum Master to mentor/coach multiple Agile teams. Some of their responsibilities also include aligning engineering projects with key company goals and objectives, providing expert guidance and support, approving newly-developed policies, and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful as a Director of Engineering, we require exceptional leadership, communication, superior Agile project management proficiency, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others. In addition, ideal candidates will have experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in trends in engineering and leadership, and emotional intelligence. This role is very important as there is extensive leadership responsibilities and ability to have their guidance make a difference in the team and product.
This position can be performed remotely with occasional visits to our office in Duluth, MN.
What you will be doing:
What you will need:
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and coaching for all engineering teams
- Foster a culture of accountability, innovation, and team building
- Lead technical design decisions across teams to ensure solutions meet business requirements
- Partner with the product management team to shape the vision, secure the budget, and plan the product roadmap
- Ensure data architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible, and cost effective
- Maintain and expand software development skills, including identification and evaluation of new technologies that could benefit Points North
- Benchmark and drive engineering productivity and quality
- Ensure objectives and development plans are established at the start of the year and reviewed continuously throughout the year
- Collaborate with the Scrum Master to encourage innovation, implementation of new technologies, outside-the-box thinking, teamwork and self-organization
- Manage teams and their performance with candid feedback, recurring 1:1’s, performance reviews and goal setting
- Execute the hiring plan and make appropriate talent shifts where needed
- Recognize, celebrate, and reward high-impact work
- Point of contact for client facing meetings representing the development team
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience; Master's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years in Agile practices
- 7+ years full stack development experience including client/server interaction, databases and CI CD infrastructure.
- 3-5 years direct software engineer managerial experience
- Experience with software solutions delivery leveraging SDLC pipeline automation tools, technologies and processing.
- Experience with .NET technology, data analysis, SQL Server, ASP.NET, and C#
- Strong technical skills and a track record of success working with product and executive teams to push development forward
- Broad understanding of API technologies
- Extensive knowledge working in an Azure cloud environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to manage competing time requirements
- Good judgment in proactively identifying issues and recommending solutions
- Ability to manage people, develop team, and hold the team accountable
- Ability to prioritize work and provide guidance