safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. They are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide.
- The role is focused on identifying and exploring innovation opportunities to shape the organization’s technology strategy and landscape. This includes contributing to generation of ideas to innovate processes, applying critical thinking to work with internal clients to gather concrete business requirements, performing opportunity assessments, making recommendations on emerging technologies, and defining and managing plans to execute rapid proofing opportunities.
- The successful senior technical product specialist will drive research and analysis in support of delivery of innovative process and technology projects.There is a strong individual-contributor aspect to this role requiring keen analytical skills, project management, stakeholder management, subject matter expertise and the ability to independently conduct exercises related to research, analysis, and process optimization.
- The candidate will closely partner with functions across the enterprise to ensure alignment and successful delivery.
- Monitor the fintech / emerging technologies landscape and capture key insights on industry trends to inform on the ideation and opportunity assessment process.
- Develop subject matter expertise in relevant technology areas to assess new opportunities more effectively.
- Manage ideation and opportunity assessment process end to end. Facilitate assessment of ideas/opportunities and document the key pain points or challenges, future state vision, and the recommended approach, deliverables, and roadmap.
- Apply critical thinking skills to re-imagine use of technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Participate in and lead discussions with internal stakeholders and third parties/partners to drill into key concepts, capture requirements, including functional and non-functional specifications, and emerge with a well-articulated assessment of the technology solution landscape and recommendations.
- Manage and execute POC/POT/Pilot initiatives, bringing new technology adoption ideas to life through rapid proofing tools, from beginning to successful delivery, in collaboration with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Oversee the project management of initiatives, managing all aspects leveraging internal tools and frameworks to provide transparency into initiatives as part of the overall book of work.
- Assist in the prioritization of the technology innovation portfolio and help manage the transparency and communication of the portfolio across the organization.
- Manage overall project budget for opportunities, including any third-party costs.
- Partner with Marketing & Communications, Sales & Relationship Management, Innovation Council, and other key stakeholders to promote internal education and collaboration on emerging technology innovations; organize topical discussions and agenda items for appropriate forums, including developing presentation materials, videos, blogs, etc.
- Manage vendor engagements end to end, including assessment of RFPs, SOWs, and other contractual paperwork, vendor onboarding/off boarding, and overseeing to ensure successful delivery.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Interest and experience in emerging technologies, innovation and digital strategy preferred.
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving ability paired with meticulous attention to detail.
- Aptitude for logically breaking down complex problems and communicating solutions with clarity.
- Experience in the financial services industry is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required – written, verbal and presentation; ability to communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Strong stakeholder management and partnering skills.
- Experience managing vendors to procure staffing, licenses, tools, and other consulting services.
- Experience in or in-depth knowledge of Fintech technologies (e.g., Various Application Development Languages, Infrastructure / Architecture environments, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics) is a strong plus.
- Cloud technologies (AWS preferably)