Lead Platform Engineer, Network
- Being a member of the Information Technology Group, The Lead Platform Engineer (Network) is responsible for engineering technical solutions and delivering the architecture blueprints that meets the needs of the business.
- As a senior member of the team, you will interpret sophisticated technical requirements and into concrete deliveries.
- You will also train Network Support Engineers on all aspects of design, implementation and how to adapt changing requirements with standard methodologies to present supportable solutions while staying fiscally responsible to the company.
- Implement, and support new technologies within the infrastructure environment.
- Manage relationships with application teams and prioritizes multiple projects as they go from design into production.
- Support and coordinate scheduling and execution of system maintenance, release updates, upgrades, and/or new technology deployments adhering to company’s standard change management protocol.
- Effectively complete complex projects and installations within aggressive time frames and budget parameters.
- Perform comprehensive evaluation of new feature or product technologies resulting in insightful analysis and recommendation
- Automate, fix, consult with, and resolve highly complex network related issues
- Develop and produce timely metrics based on the required management platforms.
- Complete performance and statistical monitoring to develop procedures and standard methodologies which improve overall environment.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk, advances appropriately
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience in engineering, installing, and configuring Network solutions in large and complex datacenter environments
- SME level experience in Software-Defined Network (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), Cloud Networking, Software Defined WAN (SDWAN), WAN, LAN, VXLAN, BGP, NexGen Firewall, Data Center Networks, Wireless, Load balancers, Hyper Converged technologies
- Strong experience in carrier grade optical network design technologies
- In depth experience with the design, implementation and support of very large and highly resilient enterprise networks utilizing multiple vendors
- Development and scripting experience using Python, Java or other Network Automation products would be a huge plus
- Cloud based Networking (AWS and Azure) and industry Cisco certifications such as CCDA, CCNP or CCIE preferred
Client safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry’s needs and we’re working to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure, and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost, and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle. They proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A career is more than a good way to earn a living. It’s the chance to make a difference at a company that’s truly one of a kind.