Lead Platform Automation Engineer
This is a contract to hire role !
Being a member of the Information Technology Group, Cloud Platform Engineering (CPE) provides Businesses with innovative and reliable infrastructure services, leveraging the global and diverse expertise of our workforce to reduce risk and improve the efficiency, performance, stability, security, and quality of our platforms. The Solution Design Services team takes business requirements and translates them into technical functional designs across platform Technology stacks, including server infrastructure, virtualization, storage, networking and operating systems. The Lead Platform Engineer is focused on the Private Cloud and must have a strong automation and orchestration background.
- Review of outcomes and Documentation of orchestration flows
- Propose innovative/standard orchestration flows to achieve outcome
- Participate in project planning processes and identify technical requirements
- Create technical design specifications and assists in sizing technical requirements
- Act as Private Cloud SME on projects focused on multi-tenant, dedicated private, public, and multi-site solutions heavily focused on RESTful APIs
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand project objectives, gather automation requirements, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable automation solution
- Define and implement efficient end-to-end provisioning of automation solutions
- Conduct POCs to demo new ideas and help solidify technical direction.
- Maintain and improve effective partnerships with the Build, Operations, and Engineering teams to drive service improvement
- Remain current on IT trends pertaining to their area of practice (e.g., Agile, DevOps, Cloud)
- Support and/or execute testing efforts across the life cycle.
- Ensure the adherence to standards, policies and procedures.
Talents Needed For Success:
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience managing infrastructure
- Experience with delivering Infrastructure as Code Capabilities
- Functional knowledge of DevSecOps principles
- Strong Documentation skills
- Data driven Automation expertise
- Intense focus on Data Quality and Use of systems of Record to drive standardization and automation
- Additional Qualifications:
- vRO Orchestration
- Angular Web Development
- SQL knowledge
- Understanding of networking concepts such as routing protocols and OSI layer model