Associate Director Enterprise Data Engineer, TX
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the architecture and design of shared enterprise technology solutions
- Develops and documents data architecture solutions, including technical designs and guidelines for enterprise-wide implementation.
- Participates in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects, assuring adherence to enterprise-wide solutions and feeding lessons-learned back into the enterprise architecture process.
- Promotes awareness of and reuse of existing data designs
- Maintains understanding of existing applications and technology solutions for leveraging the reuse of data designs and for the consolidation of designs.
- Identifies and researches opportunities for converging diverse solutions to a common data architecture.
- Leads and enables collaboration across technology specialties – ensures that Application Development, Infrastructure, Information Security and Architecture are all working together
- Maintains understanding of emerging data architecture concepts and methods and associated technology trends.
- Conducts presentations and education on Architecture’s concepts and solutions to appropriate areas.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a technical discipline (e.g. Comp Sci or Engineering)
- 5+ years of professional data-related experience in the financial services industry
- 5+ years Java Development Experience
- Experience working with the Modern Data Stack including Big Data, Data Fabric, Data Analytics, and AI/ML.
- Sustained full-lifecycle technical leadership on data-intensive development projects (e.g. data warehouse, data lake, data transport systems, metadata management systems, data quality, analytics & reporting)
- Deep expertise in data management, data architecture, metadata management, data integration, data governance, data modeling (conceptual, logical, and physical), data transport, data quality, and master data management
- Strong understanding of agile development methodologies
- Excellent understanding of distributed and cloud-based data technologies and analytics tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and architecture marketplace
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- This is a senior level individual contributor role who works with each line of business to define and guide them in implementing the enterprise data strategy.
ABOUT Client: safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry’s needs and we’re working to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure, and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost, and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle. They proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A career is more than a good way to earn a living. It’s the chance to make a difference at a company that’s truly one of a kind.