The primary responsibility of the Sales Analyst is to support the field sales team through the use of automated tools (Salesforce, Vistex, Board Business Intelligence), facilitate the monthly sales forecast, calculate monthly sales commissions, and prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis.
What you will be doing:
What you will need:
- Develop, generate, and analyze data for reports and dashboards for sales management and field sales reps reporting on customer, pipeline, product, channel sales and gross margins.
- Identify and communicate strategic recommendations on data analysis to support internal customer and company initiatives.
- Support sales management in setting sales quotas, monthly tracking and reporting, including report submission to sales management for approval and to payroll for processing.
- Prepare, report, analyze and communicate monthly sales performance and commissions based on company commission guidelines and programs to sales team and management.
- Monitor, maintain and validate, and audit commissions, ensuring monthly calculations are accurate and timely.
- Manage requests and provide guidance to sales team to resolve commission related discrepancies.
- Provide support and analysis to the sales and marketing teams on reporting issues/questions.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure tools are configured and operating accurately to produce commissions.
- Provide analysis and reports for product and financial forecasts between the Supply Chain department and Financial Planning
- Track and execute all changes related to incentive compensation.
- Partner with payroll on administration of timely incentive payments.
- Research, identify and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Train members of sales regarding commission calculations and policy changes, as appropriate.
- Perform other tasks and projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing, or financial analysis.
- Direct experience in an analytical role, preferably with sales compensation experience.
- Proven analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize information and data from a variety of sources.
- Tact, diplomacy, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality are critical.
- Creative, forward thinker and self-starter.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to research issues and generate creative and innovative solutions.
- Experience with Cognos, SQL and SAP or other large ERP systems is highly desired.
- Strong IT systems skills and an aptitude to learn new systems.
- Advanced knowledge and use of Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables), Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with Salesforce and business Intelligence tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work as part of a team and interact with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of reseller/channel partner approach to sales.