Our client is a leader in Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) HR and Payroll Processing Services. They are able to help companies free themselves from the constraints of traditional software by providing them on-demand access to their payroll and HR data. In addition to payroll processing, our payroll product includes a robust suite of HR management tools, all in the same single application. They help employers streamline their payroll and HR processes with the latest technology. They were the first to offer payroll services over the Internet and for over a decade, our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution has helped to free companies from the constraints of traditional software. In addition to payroll processing we now offer time and attendance, HRIS, benefit administration, background checks, and COBRA compliance all in one online application. Publicly Traded.
· New-age technology, coupled with a commitment to 1950s
customer service is the driving force behind their competitive advantage.
· client-driven development of their proprietary software makes it user friendly, while providing unmatched flexibility and scalability.
· offers extensive training and all the tools a new sales representative needs to achieve success.
· the nation’s most popular Internet payroll and Human Resource service provider.
· Publicly traded
Work 4 days a week from Home, 1 day a week in office. Must live within 4 hours of Oklahoma City or Dallas. Relo package available.
Role: Android Software Developer
Provide high-paced Android software development for both internal and external projects where strong verbal and written communications skills are necessary. External projects will integrate our products and services with outside entities (vendors, clients, and other third parties). Most projects will utilize strong organizational skills along with payroll, accounting, or benefit industry knowledge. This position will also serve as a subject-matter expert for Android technologies and development.
- Planning and development of a wide range of Android software applications for new and existing high-availability applications
- Acting as a subject-matter expert for Android technologies and development
- Collaborating with a range of development teams for completion of Android projects
- Overseeing entire SDLC from planning, design, development, integration, and implementation of Android applications
- Perform software development of variety of projects ranging from industry-wide services to client-specific reports and other interfacing technologies.
- Creates development code for product modules such as Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Time Management, Human Resources, Talent Management, and Reports
- Creates development code that are standard for the Human Capital Management (HCM) industry
- Creates development code and reports that are customized to clients as needed, such as EDI
- Creates development code and reports that are customized to Paycom departments as needed
- Make any adjustments to code after testing is performed to ensure that code will address testing concerns
- Partner with technology professional such as developers, quality assurance, and application support on software projects of all sizes.
- Partner with team of colleagues to enhance product by collaborating ideas
- Partner with colleagues in quality assurance to ensure that codes and data are accurate
- Partner with Application Support to aid deployment and support of projects as needed
- Work in close communication with outside entities (vendors and third parties) Utilize project management software, issue tracking and source control solutions to track communication about development specs, development, testing, and fixes
- Participate in team and project meetings to collaborate concepts and designs to further colleagues skills and modules specs
- Collaborate with non-technical professionals such as customer support, clients, and vendors on software projects of all sizes.
- Collaborate with product managers on the clarification of specifications as needed
- Collaborate with customer support to gather feedback on client needs and suggestions as needed
- Collaborate with clients on the clarification and testing of report and EDI data
- Adhere to the organizational processes and the tracking of project metrics and project statuses.
- Utilize Jira to track time usage on projects and meetings
- Collaborate with application support and quality assurance to evaluate stages in projects
- Participate in daily standup meetings
- Track communications with client/vendor, being primary project contact for some projects as needed.
- Participate in communication with clients vendors to ensure satisfaction and eliminate ambiguity in client needs as needed
- Be the point of contact for clients to participate in project related discussion regarding needs on development with 3rd parties as needed
- Heavy usage:
- Kotlin, Java, knowledge of Android activities and UI fragment interactions, XML layouts; Retrofit2, HttpURLConnection or other third-party mobile networking tools, Network Threading; Compose, Realm, MVVM and/or LiveData a plus
- Other usage:
- A Bachelors degree in computer science, management information systems, engineering, or related degree; Similar education combinations may be considered for Bachelors degree holders outside of the listed majors.
- Minimum of 1 2 years of native Android development experience and have built large-scale, high-availability Android applications
- Must have education, training, or experience in one or more of object-oriented programming, business intelligence tools, or mobile application development
- Professional experience in software development reflecting ability to monitor, guide, and advise both team and non-team resources
- Demonstrable multi-programming language experience using at least 3 software development languages in Paycom technology stack
- Ideal candidate will understand the mobile world, both current state and future state
- A portfolio of apps published in the Google Play Store is preferred, but not required
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Android 6 current version with strong knowledge of upcoming beta Android OS versions
- Java, and Kotlin programming skills, as well as additional experience with other programming languages
- Experience with local data storage such as Realm
- Knowledge of Web views, cookie management, session handling, etc.
- Knowledge of a wide range of Android development tools including Android SDK, Google Firebase, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL programming and/or database experience and the ability to integrate multiple databases
- Strong communication and organizational skills with strong attention to both detail and process
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies, software development lifecycle, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and ability to meet stated customer-initiated deadlines