Our Client: IS
a $30M, fully integrated manufacturer, operating from a 100,000 square foot facility in Southern California.
The Environment, Health and Safety Manager
plans, directs, and implements the organization’s Environmental, Health and Safety programs. This includes all compliance documentation, training and related supplier management.
- Conduct and continuously assess organization-wide E, H & S preparedness and compliance, identify gaps and oversee plans to remediate and maintain.
- Ensures that all other specifically required training is provided for all employees.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Ensure the development, implementation and updating of required written safety and health programs and plans. These may include, as needed:
- Hazard Communication Program
- Exposure Control Program (Bloodborne Pathogens, TB)
- Hazard Assessment and Personal Protective Equipment Program (PPE)
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Hazard Communication Program (GHS)
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
- Emergency Action Plan
- Reviews processes and operating procedures/records and provides input for E, H & S considerations.
- Develops and implements accident investigation techniques, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures. Ensures accidents, incidents, near misses and other non-conformances are appropriately documented and followed up on. Compiles and submits accident reports.
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Ensure that OSHA300 log of occupational injuries and illnesses is maintained.
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Oversees the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time
- Maintain required E, H & S documents/files, as well as training records.
- Ensure all outside contractors observe company E, H & S requirements.
- Direct any staff or outside contracted personnel engaged in E, H &
S related functions.
- Works collaboratively with management and Human Resources to ensure full E, H & S compliance.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of current applicable E, H & S regulations and standards.
- Training program development background.
- Skill in auditing/inspecting operations.
- Solid time and resource management skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Able to work independently to plan, create, & implement.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must possess ability to effectively work with all levels of employees, yet possess the strength to institute safety related procedures without compromise.
- 5+ years’ experience in an industrial environment, preferably in the steel industry or heavy manufacturing.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills – including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Certifications in relevant E, H & S areas.
- Fontana, CA
- salary $115k plus robust benefits package