Our Client: IS a $30M, fully-integrated manufacturer, operating from a 100,000 square foot facility in Southern California.
The Vice President of Sales manages sales activities of organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Develops and implements strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals.
· Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals.
· Reviews market conditions to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
· Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and achieve sales objectives.
· Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
· Assigns sales territories to sales representatives.
· Represents company at trade association meetings to promote company image, values and mission.
· Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
· Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationship, negotiating and closing deals.
· Coordinates liaison between sales department and other operational departments: Finance, Engineering and Production.
· Analyzes and controls expenditures of the sales department to conform to budgetary requirements.
· Understands the needs of the customer base in order to prepare manuals and technical publications.
· Prepares monthly and quarterly sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
· Has sound understanding financial concepts and the ability to execute based upon the numbers.
· Assists in product research and development.
· Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
Manages three subordinate managers: Sales Manager, Sales Support Manager, and Lead Outside Sales Representative who supervise a total of 40 employees. The VP of Sales is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Has the ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies. Is able to carry out assigned responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors Degree required, Master’s degree (MBA) preferred, plus four to ten years of related industry experience in a sales environment and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Location: - Southern CA
Salary DOE plus full benefits package