Location: Columbus, OH
As a Data Analyst you will turn data into information, generate analytical insights, and drive business outcomes. We use data to set the direction of our business, so you will work with business stakeholders to identify how to measure the state of their objectives and analyze the results. You will also be able to drive change within our technology to capture the right data as our company evolves. We are building a data driven culture by enabling self-service, creating effective visualizations, and acting as a data evangelists across the organization. This is a fast growing company where you will be able to make a huge impact on the growth of our business by utilizing your data skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our business, the competitive environment, and our agency’s core metrics to analyze progress towards our business objectives
- Act as data liaison between business leaders; partner with data producers/consumers to ensure assumptions are being satisfied.
- Work with cross functional stakeholders to translate business needs into a product requirements which may be needed to track key metrics.
- Ensure derived data fields are correctly computed and uploaded.
- Develop dashboards and reports to enable all levels of business users gain actionable insights and make data driven decisions
- Build data sets to be published for self-service data exploration and analytics.
- Work with product and engineering to identify the highest-impact data products with the highest risk of inaccuracy.
- Be an educator and evangelist for our data by helping maintain proper data stewardship practices and deliver regular data briefings on key topics
- Conduct training and provide support for our go-to-market teams on the use of our data tools (Tableau and Metabase) so they may be able to conduct ad hoc analysis independently.
- Perform data analysis to assess the impact and deliver insights on changes to our business processes
- Collaborative, will share information, best practices and experiences with others and will be willing to embrace new and innovative ideas.
- Must be proficient in SQL
- Intermediate level experience with Tableau for building Dashboards and Reports
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Some familiarity with the AWS cloud ecosystem.
- 1+ years of work experience with ETL, data modeling, and business intelligence big data architectures.
- Basic understanding of modern data warehousing concepts and track record of applying these concepts on the job.
- A passion for technology - we are looking for someone who is keen to leverage their existing skills and seek out new skills and solutions.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and aggressive attention to detail.
- Rapidly adaptable to changes in a fast paced startup environment.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from key stakeholders across departments.
- You are incredibly sharp, confident, thoughtful and know how to get things done.
- You have a track record of success and can articulate it effectively
Location: Columbus, OH
Why we stand out:
- We focus on promotion from within
- Competitive salary & bonus, and equity
- Full medical benefits, HSA & 401(k)
- Continuing Education/Licensing/Professional Development compensated
- Awesome team and family outings (happy hour, golf, trips, etc.)
- Rewards and promotions for hitting your goals
- Unlimited vacation days
- Modern work environment/culture - i.e. casual dress code, stocked kitchen, games in office.