is a global technology integrator and supply chain solutions provider that brings an innovative and proven approach to how organizations around the world discover, evaluate, architect and implement technology. Based in St. Louis, they work closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HP, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMware and Dell, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. They employ more than 4,000 people and operates more than 2 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world. Our client is a Minority Owned Business Enterprise with over $9B in annual revenue ($1.5B is international) and about 50% of that is with Cisco.
Culture is team oriented, high intellect, humble, profit sharing with all employees on annual basis, low medical/dental/benefits premiums for employees (with onsite medical facilities in St. Louis free of charge for all employees).
They are proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®
” list for the fifth consecutive year and was awarded
#5 on Glassdoor's 2017 Employees' Choice Awards, honoring the Best Place to Work
Our Client has an opportunity available for a Consulting Systems Engineer to support our Commercial Enterprise Sales team located in the Bay area with their Cloud projects. This Pre-Sales role involves leading business relevant engagements with Fortune 500 companies to assist with business transformation efforts related to Cloud technology solutions.
- Continually develop and expand personal knowledge of the validated Cloud reference architectures
- Translating key business requirements into Cloud solutions
- Design and propose next generation Cloud solutions that meet the needs and functional requirements of the customer.
- Integrating Cloud solutions into the network design, and implementation.
- Present complex technical concepts in a manner that can be easily understood by non-technical or semi-technical audiences
- Act as a consultant to the customers, striving to gain a trusted advisor status through honest but humble interactions.
- Perform technology demonstrations utilizing the Advanced Technology Center, Partner and Vendor Labs or customer provided equipment.
- Contribute to the technology body of knowledge through the creation of written documentation, white papers, internal blogs, communities or knowledge base articles.
- Support the account team through identification, development and ongoing support of new opportunities.
- Join account teams in key customer meetings to represent solutions and capabilities.
- Take a leadership position in proposal responses within your domain of expertise.
- Works with clients and Sales team to obtain technical priorities, challenges, and initiatives that can be translated into opportunities.
- Ensure effective coordination and support between account teams and supporting post sale technical resources.
- Cloud technology
- Ideal candidates will have extensive experience with multiple Cloud solutions and the ability to design and implement solutions
- 5 years of technical enterprise pre-sales experience with a focus on solution sales.
- Ability to create and present sales and technical training material for field enablement
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g. Business Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Management, Program Management, etc.) or equivalent industry experience preferred.
Location: Can live anywhere in the San Francisco, East Bay, Silicon Valley, San Jose Area