is a specialty bio pharmaceutical company focused primarily on the development and commercialization of late clinical-stage, proprietary, orally-administered, small molecule drugs for the treatment of gastrointestinal and inflammatory diseases, including cancer.
They have an experienced management team, Board of Directors and Advisory Board based in Israel, the US, Canada and Europe, with successful track record at big and small pharma of bringing patented drugs to the market, as well as extensive managerial, financial, and transactional expertise
: Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
This position is responsible for education of healthcare providers (HCPs) in disease state and therapies regionally and nationwide.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Education of HCPs on disease state and therapies.
- Education and collaboration with key opinion leaders (KOLs) or thought leaders on disease state and therapies.
- Strategic intelligence information gathering on emerging treatments in related conditions and disease.
- Scientific and medical conference attendance and support in the Medical Affairs booth for the company.
- Analysis of published literature data for education of HCPs on disease state and therapies.
- Training of company personnel, including Territory Consultants, on scientific, clinical results and important safety information regarding company products.
- Collaborate with Clinical Affairs on recruiting and communication with clinical sites.
- Prepare, review, and support publications and white papers on disease state and therapies with/without collaborative KOL or thought leaders.
- Reliable and regular attendance at work.
- Other activities deemed appropriate based upon skills and needs of Medical Affairs.
- Company-wide interactions on medical information.
- Responsible for direct interaction and education with company personal on disease state and scientific/clinical data on company products.
- Internal Contacts: Medical Affairs Team for updates of field educational efforts for HCPs and KOLs and field-based activities.
- Medical Affairs Team providing strategic intelligence on disease state and emerging treatments in related conditions and disease.
- Clinical team to understand results of company product clinical trials.
- Sales and Marketing to help interpret disease state, scientific and clinical results from competitive and company products
- Managed Markets in support of payers, PBMs, hospitals and pharmacies for education on company products
- External Contacts: HCPs, KOLs and scientific/clinical researchers, Pharmacists, Commercial payers, PBMs, hospitals, and pharmacies, Government insurance programs (Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare) and clinical facilities (VA, prisons, etc.), Patient Advocacy Groups, Legislative Groups, and other advocacy support efforts.
- This position requires the ability to analyze unpublished and published peer-reviewed scientific and clinical data and provide interpretations of data to internal stakeholders. (i.e., Medical Information, Territory Consultants, Marketing personnel)
- This position requires the ability to provide accurate and up-to-date scientific and clinical information to HCPs and KOLs in a timely manner reaching out when needed to the Medical Affairs Team members and clinical team when appropriate to clarify or obtain help in interpreting scientific and clinical information.
- This position requires the MSL act independently in educational activities on company products.
- This position requires the MSL to act independently in strategic intelligence gathering on disease state and emerging treatments in medical conditions and disease. The MSL will be expected to report back to the Medical Affairs Team on these activities.
- Advise Supervisor of work schedule, priorities, opportunities and of planned and unplanned absences.
LOCATIONS: (2 open positions)
- Education: PhD, PharmD, DNP, or other doctoral level degree
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year of working in as a Medical Science Liaison or other related activity. (i.e., researcher in biology, biochemistry, or other medical/science related field).
- The ability to clearly communicate with medical office personnel, HCPs and KOLs.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other computer programs
- Collaborative abilities and skills to work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent training and mentoring skills for company personnel such as Territory Consultants.
- Travel of up to 80% required.
- 1. West Coast 2. East Coast (basically each role covers ½ the USA)
- Remote work from home
- Base Salary in the Mid 100’s
- Stock options
- Full Robust Benefits
- Travel and Expenses