Out client is a specialty bio pharmaceutical company focused primarily on the development and commercialization of late clinical-stage, proprietary, orally-administered, small molecule drugs for the treatment of gastrointestinal and inflammatory diseases, including cancer.
They have an experienced management team, Board of Directors and Advisory Board based in Israel, the US, Canada and Europe, with successful track record at big and small pharma of bringing patented drugs to the market, as well as extensive managerial, financial, and transactional expertise
Position Title: National Account Executive, Managed Markets
The National Account Executive (NAE) is responsible for representing Biopharma products and co-promote products for national, regional, and federal accounts. This position covers large geographical areas. The NAE understands how to develop key customers and customer relationships within the Managed Care market place. The NAE is responsible for developing account strategies to profitably secure optimum product positioning with all accounts. The NAE also coordinates and communicates with field management and sales teams to successfully implement pull-through strategies to maximize national and regional contracts.
· Expand growth opportunities and product access within Managed Care and related Managed Markets customers.
· NAE will be responsible for high level accounts which may or may not include rebate contracting.
· Gain appropriate formulary access that results in favorable product positioning for key brands and maintain current formulary positions on the assigned national and regional accounts achieving profitable outcomes and meeting ROI thresholds.
· Develop, negotiate, and execute strategic contracts within assigned national, regional, private, and public payers, Medicare Part D, Managed Medicaid, and Healthcare Exchange Plans. Communicate and educate internal stakeholders on newly executed or amended agreements.
· Collaborate with Director, Managed Markets to identify and pull-through PBM formulary placements.
· Plan and execute field level pull-through programs for new or existing formulary awards using appropriate resources, internal personnel, and involving the customer when possible.
· Monitor and maintain a high level of awareness of public and private formularies, insurance and pricing regulations, employer groups, unions, and third-party reimbursement programs
· Enhance functional integration with Sales, Marketing, and Finance peers by communicating relevant and useful Managed Care information to enhance sales efforts in the Managed Care arena.
· Support field sales teams nationally, regionally, and locally at sales meetings, conference calls, field rides, training on Managed Care resources and increase payer landscape knowledge.
· Develop and maintain positive business relationships with key decision-makers (i.e. Pharmacy Directors, Medical Directors, Pharmacy Contract Managers, Clinical Pharmacists, Case Managers) by making regular visits and communications with the assigned accounts.
· Access key decision makers and stakeholders within assigned accounts to ensure products have optimal patient and health care access for coverage, reimbursement, and advocacy.
· Communicate an outstanding level of disease state knowledge, treatment guidelines, pharmacological approaches, and pharmacoeconomic impact within Managed Care space.
· Monitor and review customer contracts and invoices to ensure accurate sales and rebate management.
· Perform routine business reviews with aligned accounts to ensure contract understanding, performance, and maximization.
· Liaise with field sales to develop physician advocates to foster appropriate communication with payers to support products.
· Demonstrate understanding of competitive Managed Care landscape: product lines, place in therapy,
contracting activities, and value-added program knowledge.
· Develop, implement, and execute 12-month business plans.
· Company-wide liaison for Managed Markets.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years in pharmaceutical sales and/or marketing experience is required, including at least 3 years of Managed Markets experience. The candidate must possess broad healthcare market knowledge, strong business acumen, and demonstrate proficiency in contracting and contracting pull-through. Federal Markets contracting experience is also beneficial.
Skills and Abilities: Must possess an understanding of Managed Markets contracts including business terminology, pre/post contract analysis, request for proposal processes and rebate bid validations. Requires strong interpersonal relationships, teamwork, organization, being proactive, excellent verbal/presentation skills, including active listening. Demonstrated self-starter and highly motivated with an ability to work as a team member over various departments and must have the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization. Travel expectations up to 80%.
Location: Can live anywhere in the US, up to 80% travel
Salary and bonus into the high 100's DOE