The ideal candidate will aggressively seek and generate new business opportunities as well as maintain business relationships in alignment with the company's goals. As the "Rain Maker" for the company’s remediation contracting, waste disposal and drilling services divisions, the Business Development Manager will work closely with operations, project management and executive management to create and strengthen relationships with clients, ensure the successful growth and the expansion of the business in new and developing public and private sectors and the government services markets. The ideal candidate will be laser-focused and have strong communication skills. They should be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy.
In This Role, You Will:
What We Require:
- Aggressively seek project opportunities and develop new relationships to expand opportunities related to environmental remediation, waste disposal, hazardous waste disposal, industrial services and drilling project opportunities;
- Work in tandem with operations and the executive team to develop and present business solutions that consistently align with the strategic goals of the organization;
- Expand market penetration in private and government services (GSA) market sectors by attracting new clients; maintain strong business relationships with current clients and consistently capitalize on opportunities for repeat business while fostering customer loyalty;
- Build and maintain an active list of companies and strategic prospects to generate continuous growth and continually expand the company’s client base;
- Aid in the development of targeted marketing to promote the company, conduct in-person meetings with decision makers, facilitate presentations with prospective clients and secure business.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related business development experience in environmental remediation, waste/hazardous waste transportation & disposal, industrial cleaning, and drilling services.
- A proven track record of generating new business opportunities in the environmental remediation field.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong technical expertise with an extensive understanding of environmental remediation, earthwork, and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills and the ability to produce high quality, error free work in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook required. Experience using SalesForce is a plus.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and possess both the desire and the ability to travel like a road warrior to meet with clients and attend appropriate industry expos, conferences and networking events as needed.
- Must possess a strong desire to succeed, create a winning team and be growth oriented.
Base Salary (DOE) plus commission
per diem and expenses